Friday, December 26, 2014

My organizational journey begins

It has to start somewhere, and my somewhere is the Emergency Room, Christmas eve 2014. A simple cold turned to bronchitis after a month, kept at bay with Dayquil/Nyquil and cough drops by the handful, but finally in the excitement of Christmas Eve turned to bronchial spasms and ohmygosh-I-can't-breathe! Instead of gold, frankincense, and myrrh, the treasures I took home were azithromycin, prednisone, and hydrocodone - the three magicians of medicine. The problem is now that I'm feeling great, re-energized, and ready to start projects and face life head on, my past fatigue, malaise, and stress have left me with a mountain of "stuff" that "I'll organize later". Later starts now

I'm starting this journey at my "control center" ~ my desk/office space.  Here's what it looks like tonight (full disclosure - I did actually tidy the desk a little bit before the picture).

my desk


my, um, workspace behind my desk.

I really am an organized and tidy person at heart. My motto has always been, "Organization is the key to survival".  I read that somewhere once, and it really stuck in my head. Just not always in practice. But you know it's much easier to stay organized when you've started out organized! So now I'm just going to start from scratch, get it together in as many areas of my life as I can, and do more than survive... thrive! Woohoo!



This blog is my record of this particular journey, to hopefully keep me on track, and remind me where I started, and where I'm headed. Nothing more, nothing less. Anyone reading is welcome to tag along and share ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment