Saturday, December 27, 2014

Toting Stuff


This arrived today so I'm jumping ahead in my organization timeline/plan to post a picture. I'm excited to be able to organize all the stuff I lug around to work, on day trips, as carry-on on planes. I bought the Vera Bradley 'Get Carried Away' style travel tote, from Amazon.com (I had a gift card). They also had great deals at the Vera Bradley website on discontinued patterns so be sure to check there also. 

I previously made a trip to the Vera Bradley store to check out the different bags in person, to be sure I was choosing the one that would best suit my needs. VB bags come in all sizes, patterns, colors and options. I chose this one mainly because of the end pockets for water bottles (I don't like them sloshing about on the inside of a bag with my stuff, and definitely want liquids separated from my electronics), plus the roomy front and back pockets for quick access to keys & phone. VB bags are pricey, but when on sale, they are definitely worth it -- well made, distinctive fabrics, comfortable to carry, and perfect attention to organization details.

This tote is big - about 18" x 15" x 7", with four roomy outside pockets (one at each end for water bottles, etc., one on each side - fits my iPad mini perfectly! my phone easily slips into the pocket on the other side, with room for other stuff too (keys, for example).  The handles are soft and have extra padding at the shoulder. The bag itself is soft and quilted, and should make a nice pillow itself if ever I find myself stuck in an airport overnight (which seems to be whenever I fly in the winter).

Inside, the fabric is a contrasting blue and white chevron stripe pattern. The inner sides are lined with pockets, and the bag is very roomy - roomy enough for a large purse, lunch bag, some books, probably a sweater or sweatshirt and still more. It will easily hold everything I need to lug about, but still have everything neatly organized and easily and quickly reachable, plus it zips closed at the top so nothing will fall out when stuffed under an airline seat.

The pattern is called Venetian Paisley, which is kind of special to me personally, because one of my favorite SecondLife avatars is named Paisley, and I went to Venice this summer on a cruise with my oldest daughter and absolutely fell in love with Venice. 


All said, this tote makes me quite happy, and being happy is what it's all about.


No comments:

Post a Comment